Sales Engineer (Machine Learning)
Dotscience is a Data Science platform startup founded in 2017 and funded by DDN, the world’s largest privately-held storage company. Its mission is to build an end-to-end platform that holds AI accountable for its decision making. The Dotscience team is focused on bringing trusted AI to the most ambitious and impactful companies on the planet today, allowing them to innovate safely and rapidly.
We see ourselves as a very friendly and high-trust team. Because we are fully remote we are able to be flexible about parenting responsibilities and other things in life that need your attention. We co-ordinate once a day in a standup where we check in to say how things are going and tell jokes (it is part of our standup routine). The rest of the time we collaborate through GitHub, Slack, Google Hangouts and Google Docs.
We are based in the US and UK. All our roles are remote.
About the role
NOTE: This role is based anywhere in the Bay Area in CA, we would also consider New York and Seattle.
Do you love solving process and tooling problems in Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI? We want to meet you! We need your help to support our team build meaningful relationships with the biggest names in AI.
Can you help us by digging into the real needs and challenges of our prospects? By assessing the causes of their problems and suggesting where our solutions can resolve them? Would engaging in a respectful and relational sales process appeal to you? Will you work with the team to sharpen our skills and develop market insights? Our mission is to make AI development safe and efficient, is this a purpose that resonates with you?
We want your experience, your thoughtfulness, your integrity, in return we can offer you a genuinely wonderful team of sales representatives to work with, and an awesome sales coach who supports us in weekly sales coaching workshops.
Please note: The role is salaried, not commission based.
Aims of the position
- Help to support sales through identifying needs and aligning solutions to meet those needs
Core job description
Your day-to-day tasks are likely to require:
- Identify client needs and recommend best product or service
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs
- Offering after-sales support services to strategic accounts
- Keep opportunity details up to date in relation to needs, pilots and demos
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
- Support product team and CEO by providing customer and market insights
- Develop trusted relationships with the most advanced and forward thinking executives and managers responsible for organisations gaining competitive advantage through us of AI
- Proven work experience as a Sales Engineer or similar role
- Experience in Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning, AI or related field
- Experience in a technical role
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (most likely 10%) within US to meet with prospects
- Experience working in a large tech company
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Enjoys building trusted relationships
- Detail oriented
- A preference for being organised and dependable
- Keen to learn and share knowledge
- A tendency to question things, to be critical and enquiring
- Comfortable with change and pragmatic decision making
- Happy to work under time pressure occasionally
- Able to manage own time
- Know when to ask for help or input
- Know when to give feedback to others